Makers Empire is delighted to announce that our innovative Learning by Design Course is now endorsed by the New South Wales (NSW) Education Standards Authority. This means that teachers based in NSW, Australia, who undertake this course will be able to use it to meet his or her mandated teacher accreditation requirements.
In NSW, all teachers currently need to undertake 20 hours of professional development each year to maintain their professional accreditation. The Makers Empire Learning by Design course happens to be a 20-hour course, meaning that teachers can simply do the Makers Empire course to maintain their professional credentials.
The Makers Empire Learning by Design course is designed to help classroom teachers and school leaders integrate design thinking by using 3D printing and design as an everyday classroom tool. Teachers learn how to use 3D and design to transform the way they teach students STEM/STEAM subjects and help them develop important design thinking and 21st century learning skills.
Makers Empire’s Director of Learning, Mandi Dimitriadis, said, “we’re thrilled that our Learning by Design course has been endorsed by NSW Education Standards Authority. This endorsement is confirmation that our professional development programs for schools are based on authentic and effective 3D learning tools and resources and an academically sound and rigorous approach to learning.”
The Makers Empire’s Learning by Design course include all of our core elements, including:
- Professional development for teachers
- 3D modelling software
- Over 130 curriculum-aligned lesson plans
- Teacher’s dashboard
The course also includes tailored packages that can include the following:
- Custom planning
- Custom professional development
- Custom support
- Custom LMS/SSO integration
- Custom analytics
- Showcase Days for teachers and students
- Online professional learning community
- 3D printers
- 3D printing filament
- 3D hardware training
- 3D hardware support
Makers Empire: Better Learning By Design
Inspired? Want to learn how to integrate 3D printing and design thinking into your school or district? Makers Empire helps K-8 teachers teach STEM/STEAM concepts, design thinking principles and 21st century learning skills using 3D printing. We work with thousands of K-8 teachers and hundreds of thousands of students in Australia, America, Asia and Europe.
- Ideal for those ready to make a decision about Makers Empire's suitablity for their individual school. For district deals, please choose Book Demo.
- Ideal for those looking at budget planning and implementation, those who want to learn if Makers Empire is a good fit and those who have lots of questions.
- Ideal for those who are short on time and those wanting to learn more about integrating 3D design and printing into the K-8 classroom.