Are you a web developer experienced with both front end and back end development? Interested in working for an award-winning EdTech company that is transforming the way K-8 students learn with 3D printing?
Makers Empire is looking for a versatile and proactive web developer to join our small but expert team headquartered in Adelaide. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated developer to help build an innovative global companåy.
NOTE: if you also have excellent Chinese language skills we would be very interested to see your application!
About the Job
- Our main makersempire.com site – the first point of contact most people have with our company;
- The teacher’s dashboard site – one of the core components of our main product, a 3D printing learning program for schools;
- Our backend server systems that keep everything running smoothly;
- More depending on your skills and interests!
- Full time.
- Based in the Adelaide office at St Paul’s Creative Centre, Pulteney Street.
- Flexible hours possible.
- Competitive salary.
We’re looking for a versatile developer who can hit the ground running.
You need to know:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML / CSS
- Linux / Ubuntu
You’ll fit in great with our team if you:
- Are passionate about making great web software;
- Like to do things that haven’t been done before;
- Have an inquiring mind;
- Are proactive and self-motivated;
- Take pride in your work;
- Can work independently;
- Enjoy working with others;
- Have a positive attitude;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Are reliable; and
- Are hard working.
Makers Empire has created the world’s easiest to use 3D printing Learning Program for K-8 schools. It is the first of its kind, providing K-8 educators with everything they need to introduce 3D printing into their schools.
The Makers Empire 3D Printing Learning Program comprises:
- The world’s easiest to use 3D design software
- Teachers’ dashboard – teachers can easily manage students’ work and access curriculum aligned lesson plans; and
- Professional development – training for successful implementation
Makers Empire currently serves hundreds of K-8 schools, almost 2,000 teachers and over 100,000 students in Australia, the United States and Asia.
A new 3D design is made with our innovative, free 3D software every 30 seconds: there are almost 500,000 3D designs created by users in the software gallery.
At Makers Empire, we help teachers achieve genuine learning outcomes with curriculum aligned lessons plans, comprehensive training, professional development and support. We help students understand important STEM concepts and develop their problem solving and design thinking skills in a fun and engaging way.
At Makes Empire, we are changing the way K-8 students create and learn with 3D printing. Join our team today.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a 1-page cover letter ASAP to email@example.com.
A link to a portfolio of personal projects is not essential but will help to provide us with a good insight into your interests and capabilities.
Applications close 5pm 20 February, 2017. Please note that this position needs to be filled ASAP so we’ll be interviewing shortlisted applicants as we go.
Makers Empire helps K-8 teachers teach Design Thinking, STEM and 21st-century learning skills using 3D printing. Our pioneering 3D solutions for schools include 3D modelling software, over 150 lesson plans aligned with international standards and professional development. With Makers Empire, engaged students learn how to solve real-world problems and make their world better.