- Company overview
- Press contact
- Product information
- Media assets
- Media mentions
1) Company overview
Makers Empire story
Roland, Jon, Lap and Anthony all grew up in Adelaide, South Australia. Jon and Lap went to high school together and they met Roland at Adelaide University in the late 90s.
After university Roland worked in the gaming industry, firstly at Ratbag Games in Adelaide, and then in Scotland with Realtime Worlds where he won a BAFTA for his work on Xbox 360 title, Crackdown. While working on a PC title, All Points Bulletin, Roland was intrigued by the impressive designs that players created using the game’s simple design tools.
On his return to Adelaide, Roland was inspired to create a 3D design application that would allow users to create and share real world objects ready for 3D printing. So Roland teamed up with Jon, Lap and Anthony and Makers Empire was born in late 2013.
- December 2013: Makers Empire was founded.
- May 2014: Completed the ANZ Innovyz START Accelerator Program and piloted Makers Empire 3D design and printing Learning Program in South Australian schools.
- July 2014: Launched Makers Empire in Australia.
- September 2014: Launched Makers Empire in Hong Kong in partnership with distribution partner, Discovery Technologies Solutions Limited, a leading 3D printing solution provider in the region.
- September 2014: Makers Empire is a top 10 finalist in the Global EdTech Startup Awards
- November 2014: Makers Empire is a finalist at the IMS Global Learning Impact Awards Australasian Regional Finals in Melbourne, and also wins the People’s Choice Award.
- December 2014: Launched Ollie Customizer in partnership with the global leader in connected play, Sphero. Developed specifically for use with Sphero’s newest connected toy, Ollie, the Ollie Customizer makes it easy to customize and create unique accessories for the Ollie.
- February 2015: Won SouthStart’s Pitch Competition and Audience Favourite award.
- February 2015: Launched a state-wide pilot 3D design and printing program for schools, museums and teacher centres in the State of New York in partnership with the New York State Teacher Centers and the New York Institute of Technology’s Department of Technology Based Learning System
- April 2015: Secured a sales and distribution partnership with Datacom Education, one of Australasia’s leading locally-owned professional learning and IT-based service providers for schools, for the Australian and New Zealand education market.
- May 2015: Won Bronze award at the IMS Global Learning Impact Awards. The awards seek to “identify exemplary implementations of technology that demonstrate the greatest impact or potential impact to address the challenges facing the global learning segment and possess the greatest potential for generating a positive return on investment.”
- June 2015: Joint winner of the Start Up Company of the Year award at the SA IAwards 2015.
2) Press contact
Jon Soong, CEO, Makers Empire
Email: email@example.com or mobile: +61 (4)03 347 994
3) Product information
Makers Empire is the world’s easiest to use 3D printing software. Users can start designing in 3D in seconds – no CAD or IT skills necessary!
Makers Empire’s 3D design and printing Learning Program was developed specifically for primary and middle schools and tested extensively by classroom teachers and students. It is the first of its kind anywhere in the world. We help teachers achieve real learning outcomes, interest students in STEAM topics, and become confident teachers of 3D design and printing technology. We help students enjoy learning through our engaging and inspiring curriculum-aligned lesson plans.
3D printing technology is being used everyday to make people’s lives better: like computing, it has potential application in almost every single industry. So students with 3D printing experience have a clear advantage over their peers in terms of future tertiary education and career prospects.
At Makers Empire we’re helping today’s students prepare for the jobs of tomorrow. Join the revolution.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
4) Media assets
- Branding guidelines can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- High resolution photos of Makers Empire’s CEO, Jon Soong, can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- Low resolution photos of students and teachers using the Makers Empire software in the classroom can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- Low resolution photos of Makers Empire staff and students in the classroom can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- Low resolution of the Makers Empire software on iPads can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- An eps of the Makers Empire logo can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- A pdf of the Makers Empire Learning Program graphic can be downloaded in Dropbox.
- Check out this video ‘3d Printing in Year 6 at at St Stephens School’ made by St Stephens School who use Makers Empire’s 3D printing Learning Program.
- If you have any other image requests please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Press mentions
Please see our Press Mentions.