Are you a Unity C# Programmer who is also fluent in Chinese and English? Interested in working for an award-winning, global company that is transforming the way K-8 students learn with game-based learning and 3D printing? Makers Empire is looking for a versatile and proactive Unity C# Programmer to join our small but expert team headquartered in Adelaide. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated programmer to help build an innovative global company.
About the Job
- Implement features in Unity 3D / C# for the company’s 3D modelling game-based learning application;
- Help to create a Chinese version of Makers Empire for the China market;
- Work as part of a small collaborative team based in Australia (Makers Empire) and China;
- More depending on your skills and interests!
- Full-time position.
- Based in the Adelaide city office.
- Flexible hours possible.
- Competitive salary.
We’re looking for a versatile developer who can hit the ground running.
You need to know:
- Proficient in C#, at least 1-year C# project development experience;
- Familiar with NGUI/UGUI, and can effectively develop UI functionality;
- Familiar with 3D maths, and 3D modelling concepts;
- Familiar with graphics / rendering systems;
- Good performance optimization awareness and programming habits;
- Knowledgable of 3D graphics principles, and shader development;
- Clear language expression, able to communicate fluently in both English and Chinese (Mandarin); and
- High level of responsibility, problem-solving ability and commitment to continuous learning.
You’ll fit in great with our team if you:
- Are passionate about making great web software;
- Like to do things that haven’t been done before;
- Have an inquiring mind;
- Are proactive and self-motivated;
- Take pride in your work;
- Can work independently;
- Enjoy working with others;
- Have a positive attitude;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Are reliable; and
- Are hard working.
Makers Empire has created the world’s easiest to use 3D printing Learning Program for K-8 schools. It is the first of its kind, providing K-8 educators with everything they need to integrate 3D printing into their daily teaching practice.
The Makers Empire 3D Printing Learning Program comprises:
- The world’s easiest to use 3D design software
- Teachers’ dashboard; and
- Professional development – training for successful implementation
Makers Empire currently serves thousands of schools, 17,000+ teachers and over 940,000+ students in forty countries.
At Makers Empire, we help teachers achieve genuine learning outcomes with curriculum-aligned lessons plans, comprehensive training, professional development and support. We help students understand important STEM concepts and develop their problem solving and design thinking skills in a fun and engaging way.
At Makers Empire, we are changing the way K-8 students create and learn with 3D printing. Join our team today.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a 1-page cover letter ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A link to a portfolio of personal projects is not essential but will help to provide us with a good insight into your interests and capabilities.
Applications close 5pm 20 September, 2019. Please note that this position needs to be filled ASAP so we’ll be interviewing shortlisted applicants as we go. So send your application in today!
Makers Empire: Better learning by design
Makers Empire’s complete solutions for schools contain everything you need to teach Design Thinking, STEM and 21st-century learning skills with 3D design and 3D printing. Our pioneering 3D solutions for schools include 3D modelling software, over 150 lesson plans aligned with international standards and professional development. With Makers Empire, engaged students learn how to solve real-world problems and make their world better.