Welcome to the Makers Empire NYS Instructional Technology Statewide Contract Consortium BOCES/RIC partner support page.
Here you will find the relevant information you need to support your school customers in their procurement of Makers Empire 3D Printing Learning Program, through your BOCES/RIC via the NYSITCC Master License and Service Agreement.
1. Contract Number: ITCC-054-2018
(Past contract number: ITCC-127-2017)
2. What is the product under the contract?
Makers Empire 3D Printing Learning Program – annual school subscription site license
- Makers Empire 3D Software (iPad/Android/Win/Mac/Chromebooks*) – easy enough for 5 year olds to use.
- Teachers’ Dashboard – easily manage students’ accounts. View and download designs for 3D printing.
- Lesson plans – aligned to NY standards and other
- Analytics – monitor students’ progress and engagement with weekly reports
*provided the device supports google apps – we can verify on a case by case basis
3. Request for quote
(e.g. a school customer requests a quote from you their BOCES/RIC. Use this form for your BOCES/RIC quote for Makers Empire.
We will ensure the special BOCES/RIC pricing is applied.)
a. BOCES/RIC please fill out Request for Quote form
b. Makers Empire will send BOCES/RIC quote
c. BOCES/RIC will send their own quote to school customer
4. Makers Empire site subscription for BOCES/RIC internal use
(e.g each BOCES/RIC will be issued their own product key of Makers Empire for their own use for customer demonstration and staff training. Please fill out this form if you have not received one yet)
a. BOCES/RIC email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name and email address of your team members
b. Makers Empire will send you your product key and ‘getting started’ email
5. BOCES/RIC Professional Development services for schools
Makers Empire understand that you, our BOCES/RIC partners, will deliver valued professional services to your school customers on the use of Makers Empire in their classrooms. All professional development planning will be coordinated through Michelle Okal-Frink at wnyric. As your partner, we can provide you train-the-trainer training so your team can deliver pd leveraging on our expertise and IP.
6. Training for BOCES/RIC staff
Makers Empire will provide your team with train-the-trainer training led by our Director of Learning Improvement, Mandi Dimitriadis, and her team. Please be assured, if required, that for your first school customer(s) as part of the training, we can work together have one of consultants lead a two-hour pd via remote video call that your staff can shadow to gain the skills and knowledge required to deliver the pd.
a. BOCES/RIC email email@example.com and provide the name and email address of your team members and some available dates/times for 2 hours (note all pd planning will be coordinated with Michelle Okal-Frink at wnyric)
b. Makers Empire will contact you to organize training via remote video call
1. If a school is interested and wants to find out more information, what is the next step?
a. BOCES/RIC can contact us to arrange an online demo for the school or the school can book a demo here.
(The demo is not for training purposes, please contact us separately regarding training.)
b. BOCES/RIC Request a Quote from Makers Empire for your school customer: please fill out Request for Quote form
c. BOCES/RIC submit a PO to Makers Empire: send to firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Makers Empire will issue a school site product key and send via email to the school via a ‘getting started’ email.
e. BOCES/RIC confirm date for PD for school as required
2. Apart from Makers Empire, what else will the school need?
The school will need:
a. 3D printer + consumables (3D printing filament)
3. On day 1, what will the school get?
The school will be sent a ‘getting started’ email with their product key as well as on-boarding information to guide them through the process.
4. Our BOCES/RIC is new to 3D printing, can we still service our schools now?
Absolutely – your school customers can start today! Just follow the steps above and issue a quote and we can walk through the rest together. Please be assured that for your first school customer(s) as part of the training, we can work together have one of consultants lead a two-hour pd via remote video call that your staff can shadow to gain the skills and knowledge required to deliver the pd.
5. Do I need any technical skills or sophisticated CAD/software design skills to use Makers Empire?
No. Makers Empire is very easy to use: the software can be used by children aged 5 and above.
6. Is Makers Empire compatible with all 3D printers?
Yes! Makers Empire design files are industry standard ‘STL’ file types that work with any 3D printer.