In this challenge path students will learn about Mars and Space Travel. They will complete six design challenges as they work through the design thinking process. They will be presented with briefs for designing a rocket, a spacecraft landing device, a space helmet, a Mars Rover, and a sleeping station. Finally, students will be challenged to design a toy or gadget that could be fun or useful on Mars. They will need to consider design criteria and constraints and evaluate their finished designs.
1. Students identify factors that impact the design of products intended for use on Mars or in space travel.
2. Students identify criteria for success and design constraints relevant to specific design briefs.
3. Students generate and compare ideas for designs that meet design criteria and constraints.
4. Students use Makers Empire’s 3D modelling tools to effectively design 3D models and prototypes.
5. Students evaluate their designs against agreed design criteria.
6. Students manage a series of steps to complete design challenges.
Challenges in this course: 19
Your mission is complete. Congratulations!