During this challenging time with COVID-19, when practising social distancing is important, it’s helpful to have engaging and fun educational activities that school-age children can do at home with minimal supervision.
Makers Empire’s Introduction to 3D Design & Printing course is an excellent way to introduce children (and parents) to the basics of 3D design and printing at home. During this self-paced course, children will learn how to use Makers Empire and Design Thinking processes to design a flower, bubble stick, maze, dinosaur and hovercraft. As they design, children develop creative confidence and problem-solving skills, express ideas, improve spatial awareness and learn valuable tech skills.
Parents will receive regular updates on their child’s progress, a parent guidebook with helpful tips and advice on helping your child excel, and 3 x 3D prints of their child’s work, posted direct to your home.
Can I use a Creative Kids voucher?
Yes! Makers Empire is an approved provider for the Creative Kids voucher.
Under this program, NSW parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher with a value of up to $100 per calendar year for each school-enrolled child aged 4.5-18 years, to undertake creative and cultural activities.
So NSW Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a Creative Kids voucher for their eligible children which will cover the entire cost of this Introduction to 3D design and 3D printing course.
What does the course include?
The Introduction to 3D Design & Printing course costs $99 and includes:
• Makers Empire 3D app
• Access to “Challenge Central”, 5 x curriculum-aligned lessons
• Expert feedback for your child on their designs
• Parent guide
• Progress reports emailed to you
• 3 x small 3D prints of your child’s designs (free shipping in Australia)
What is Makers Empire 3D?
Makers Empire 3D is the world’s most fun and easy to use 3D design app, designed specifically for K-8 students.
It is a safe and positive digital environment, used in over 1,200 schools worldwide, where students create over 100,000 designs a day!
“Makers Empire has all the creativity of Lego, but if you can’t find the piece you want you can just invent it yourself – and you don’t have to clean it up!”
Matt – Dad of a 9 year old Makers Empire designer
How does it work?
It is very easy to get started with Makers Empire. Once you sign up for the Intro course:
1. Download the Makers Empire 3D app and help your child create an account.
2. Your child will be guided through a series of tutorials which introduces them to our basic 3D design tools.
3. Once they complete the tutorials, users access a series of curriculum-aligned design challenges that encourage your child to think like an innovator.
4. Our expert learning team assess your child’s work and provide constructive feedback to help them excel.
5. There is always room to create freely – the only limit is imagination! Your child can also enter our monthly global design competitions, share their work in our global design gallery, and even create their own 3D maze games for their friends to play!
6. Parents order 3D prints of their child’s work. Engage with an exciting future technology and see your child’s ideas become reality!
Is it educational?
Yes! Makers Empire 3D is recognised by peak educational organisations worldwide, including Education Alliance Finland. Our design curriculum aligns with the Australian Curriculum, American Common Core standards, the UK curriculum and NGSS.
Plus, a landmark 12-month study by Macquarie University found Makers Empire’s approach is highly effective at developing children’s creativity, critical thinking, design thinking and digital skills.
Rest easy knowing that your child will be learning genuine 21st-century skills, while they’re having great fun.
“The system of points, competition, and sharing one’s work encourages the user to be original, create good work, and collaborate with others.”
Education Alliance Finland
How to register for this course with an NSW Creative Kids voucher
Apply for a Creative Kids voucher or vouchers through your MyServiceNSW account. See full instructions.
Next, complete this form and include your voucher details. Once we have submitted it with Creative Kids and received confirmation of your voucher from them, you will be sent instructions on how to access the course via email.
Terms and conditions:
- Offer valid for NSW parents with an NSW creative kids voucher.
- Voucher must be valid for the calendar year.