Makers Empire transforms education with 3D design and printing
The Makers Empire Learning Program utilizes 3D printing technology to promote design thinking and help students become better real-world problem solvers. We transform 3D printing in the K-8 classroom, helping you successfully integrate it into the curriculum and provide all the tools you need.
In this on-demand webinar series you will learn about:
- What is the Makers Empire 3D Learning Program?
- See classroom examples integrating 3D printing into the curriculum
- Pricing options for Makers Empire solutions.
- What is the Toshiba grant, and instructions to apply?
C1. MAKERS EMPIRE?
Makers Empire helps schools successfully integrate 3D printing and design into the curriculum. We provide all the tools a K-8 school needs, including extremely easy to use 3D design software, curriculum aligned lesson plans, professional development, teacher management tools, and 3D printers if you require it.
Half the schools we work with already have 3D printers, and want to make the most of their existing technology! Don’t let your resources sit underutilized. The other half of schools we help have never used a 3D printer before and need careful guidance and support to harness the power of this technology.
What type of K-8 schools are looking at Makers Empire?
- Schools that have a 3D printer, looking to successfully integrate and use it in their classroom
- Schools looking to develop a Makerspace and wanting to add a 3D printer
- Schools looking to integrate more STEM and STEAM into their curriculum
- Schools utilizing more project based learning
- Schools that have one to one or a high percentage of devices. And looking to better utilize existing technology.
Any of these sound familiar? Great!
At Makers Empire, we really like to see 3D printing integrated into the curriculum. Even if you are planning to only start with one teacher or one class, we would like to help more of your teachers bring it into their classroom experience. For example, we work with students as young as 5. In Kindergarten students can do a Hungry Caterpillar lesson plan, looking at the life cycle of a caterpillar, and then a 5 year old can desig their own 3D caterpillar at the end.
WATCH THE MAKERS EMPIRE VIDEO (3min)
GIVING STUDENTS A 21st CENTURY EDUCATION
2. WHAT DO WE LIKE ABOUT 3D PRINTING?
Here are some of the reasons why we like 3D printing and design for schools. Especially getting students engaged in the design thinking process to solve real-world problems. We don’t want students to just print a keychain, but be the drivers behind coming up with problems to solve.
In this video example, we see students looking at people who face physical difficulties in the community, and what they can do to help? This is a great example of seeing the design thinking process in action.
MAKERS EMPIRE IN ACTION (2min)
REAL WORLD PROBLEM SOLVING AND INTEGRATING 3D PRINTING INTO THE CLASSROOM
|Hopefully, you saw some of the benefits in action! This video is a great example of how 3D printing and design in the classroom can work. You can see that all the students came up with their own design idea for the clip. However, the students then picked the best 3 designs to print and test. Always encourage the students to analyze and think about their designs!|| sds
3.MAKERS EMPIRE LESSONS
3D printing and design aren’t just for science and technology class. We help teachers across all different subjects integrate 3D printing and desgin into their classroom experience. Whether it is art, history, english, there are lessons to help you!
EASY 3D LESSON TO GET STARTED
THE CHOCOLATE MOULD LESSON IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF INTEGRATING MATHEMATICS AND 3D PRINTING AND DESIGN.
TEACHERS HAVE ALSO INTEGRATED ENGLISH, WITH STUDENTS READING CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!
Hopefully, you can see the value of introducing the Makers Empire 3D learning program into your school. Makers Empire includes everything you need to successfully integrate 3D printing into the classroom.
4. PRICING – MAKERS EMPIRE SOLUTIONS
MAKERS EMPIRE PACKAGES WITH AND WITHOUT 3D PRINTERS
- Makers Empire for Schools Solution is compatible with all 3D printers if you already have one.
- Makers Empire recommended 3D printers are tested for the classroom environment and have important safety features.
- Makers Empire software is cross compatible and works on Ipads, Macs, Windows, Android devices, and Chromebooks(2017+ and some older models)
- Makers Empire Learning program includes unlimited student and teacher access. So students can load the software on their own personal device, with access not just limited to school devices
- Professional development includes 2 hour self paced video training and a 2 hour real time webinar (with one of our learning experts). During that time, they will walk you through the program, and work out a plan for best implementation.
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE
5. WHAT IS THE TOSHIBA GRANT? (5min)
$5K FUNDING FOR SCHOOLS WITH GRADE 6+
Still, have questions? You can speak to our live chat, or send an email (email@example.com) to find out more.
"...our staff were genuinely impressed... The Makers Empire 3D printing iPad app exceeded our expectations. The design and creative elements of this software have been carefully designed to engage children while opening up numerous educational opportunities and learning experiences. We loved the Teacher (Dashboard) with its support, ideas and integration of the Australian Curriculum. A great way to expose our students to this rapidly emerging technology that will have a significant impact on their lives."
“The software has lesson plans based on many state standards with many modules to choose from. Maker’s Empire can be used to teach science, math and even art, K-12. The 3D-printing course was not as challenging as the grade level I was given — first graders!... However, their enthusiasm and absolute thirst for knowledge is awesome to see. They blaze through the challenging 3D lesson plans… Seeing the students faces when the IT team at BPY brings the 3D prints to the classroom is just something I can’t describe. The best part is while walking in the hallway with the huge iPad cart, some eighth graders ask who made that. I point to the first graders, who grin ear to ear.”
"This has been a wonderful new way to teach and motivate my students. They are so eager and excited to learn in this new way!... I do find this program to be helpful in developing my students interest in STEM subjects. They are beginning to see real-life implications to what they learning to do in class and how they could develop prototypes of objects that they could develop and then produce to sell... At first, I preferred Tinkercad because I knew this software better. However, now that I have had some time to work with Makers Empire it is so much better. It does a much better job of showing you how to build and create. The challenges help tremendously!...The overall enthusiasm towards school and learning has increased tremendously. Students who are typically reluctant learners have come to life. One student was chronically absent and has now improved his attendance. He asks me each morning if he can get on the computer!"